Call Out for Statement and Supporting Evidence – #occupydemocracy
Occupy Democracy are calling out for evidence and witness statements from those who attended the #occupydemocracy protest in Parliament Square between the in either October, November or December. Those of you who attended in October will have been aware of the escalating police presence, the erection of fencing and a number of arrests that were made at different points throughout the week. In November and December you will have seen
We are asking for those who attended the protest to give a statement detailing their experience. You can do this through the form provided through the link at the bottom of this page.
We would like to know:
- Why you went to the #occupydemocracy protest.
- When you first arrived. Did you return? If so, when?
- What happened whilst you were there. Try to be as detailed as you can – referring to times if possible.
- What you took from the time that you were there.
- Any interaction you had with the Police or Park Wardens. Try to be as detailed as possible.
- The date and time of the arrest(s).
- What happened on the run up to the arrest(s).
- Whether there was any interaction between you and the police prior to, during or after the arrest(s)- what was said?
- Describe the arrest and police tactics during the arrests. If you know who was arrested please provide their name(s).
Your statements and evidence will help us challenge the legality of the Greater London Authority and Police response to #occupydemocracy. It will help us argue that such a response was an unjustified interference with the right to protest and will support the defence cases of those who were arrested.
All statements and evidence submitted will be kept private and will only be accessible by those at Occupy Democracy who are working to collate it, Green and Black Cross and the legal teams working on the various cases. If the statement or evidence you give is of particular interest to the legal teams they may contact you for further information.
If you would like to give a statement, or submit evidence, please visit witness.occupylondon.org.uk
Please make sure you change the date and time below the Statement Description box so it reflects the date and time the Statement relates to. Also, tick any categories relevant to your statement.
We appreciate your help with this,
Legal Advisor, Occupy London