Democracy Action working group meeting
Date(s) - 06/03/2014
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is the second meeting of the Democracy Action working group (DAWG), which was formed by consensus at an assembly on the steps of St Paul’s on March 1st.
The first meeting of this group was a spontaneous one, convened in Ye Olde London pub after that assembly.
The group is open and everyone is welcome to attend this meeting.
The Democracy Action working group intends to keep the call for genuine democracy at the core of Occupy London’s work; in particular, to work towards “a vote that counts” and a large action focused on Parliament in the autumn of this year.
DAWG Provisional Agenda 6th March 2014
1) Accept Minutes of Inaugural Meeting (1/3/14) and Matters Arising
2) Agree agenda for this meeting. Facilitator, Minutes, Stacker. Hands?
3) Introductions. Profile, Reasons for Interest, Experience of Occupy and ability to offer practical/action help
4) How to run meetings in optimally productive way –
?Topic comment a) practical b) theory. ?Stack – Allow time – take round robin of comment.
Secondary Matter of inevitable ignorance of Newcomers – ?person to person induction after their first meeting and three meeting probation of response contributions only.
All to attempt to adhere closely to topic and minimise repetition. NB Experience of other working groups – differences and cohesion
5) Objectives and Initial Statement
6) Bones of Big Agenda
Collaborative Coalition – Breadth and Scope
Actions ?June and October – depend upon other groups
Day of Shame?
Pamphleteering ‘Little book of Issues to Vote for’
7) Subgroups/volunteers – linking structured
a) Database and Networking
b) Events co-ordination
c) Logistics, Communication, Liaison and ADVERTISING
8) Democracy Day Meeting ?one month. Expanding into all Practical Details of Event Organisation.
10) Democratic function of OL ?creating a smoothly functioning model
11) Next meeting Date, Time and place