RBS trial postponed; Occupy Tours launch guided tour of murky corners of Mayfair
The RBS trial at Occupy Justice will not be taking place tomorrow – Occupy London apologises for any inconvenience caused. There will be further news shortly regarding this case.
To compensate Occupy London’s very own guided tour service – Occupy Tours – will launch its first ever tour of Mayfair tomorrow, meeting at 2pm outside Green Park tube (Piccadilly north exit).
- The hedge fund owned by John Paulson, who made billions from betting against the US housing market and short-selling shares in British banks
- Bain Capital, the private equity firm owned by Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney, which even the most right-wing set of Republican candidates in living memory have criticised as ‘exploitative’ and ‘indefensible’
- Tax-dodging, generally dodgy commodities trading giant Glencore, which is heavily involved in Xstrata among others
- AIG Financial Products, the London office which did the deals too dubious to be done in America, and described as ‘the epicentre of the financial crisis’
- A hedge fund which pays Tony Blair £2000 a minute to deliver speeches
- Plus the birthplace of the Queen, the world’s smallest private police force, the rooftop where the Beatles did their last gig, the fictional home of Jeeves and Bertie Wooster, the jewellers which designed the Victoria Cross, and the place where Jeffery Archer used to arrange meetings with prostitutes…
For further events happening across Occupy London, check out:
- At Finsbury Square and at the Occupy London Stock Exchange occupation at St Paul’s Churchyard see http://
- At the Bank of Ideas - http://www.