Public Meeting | Save Lewisham Hospital, save our NHS 25/04/2013
Yesterday evening, I attended the Save Lewisham Hospital public meeting. The hall had about 400 people attending the public meeting.
I did find it interesting that some of the Save Lewisham Hospital group seemed to be enamoured of the Labour Party. People did point out that PFI was set up by tony Blair and the Neo-Labour Party.
£300 Billion Total PFI odious debt on the British people. The ConDems blame Neo-Labour for many things, but they do not seem to mention PFI, as they want to do more of the same.
Please attend the Public Meeting | Save Lewisham Hospital, save our NHS!
WHEN: Thursday 25th April 7pm
WHERE: Great Hall, Goldsmiths University, New Cross, London SE14 6NW [transport details below]
► THE FIGHT TO SAVE LEWISHAM HOSPITAL WILL BE WON
- Come and find out what you can do
- This is a fight for our hospital and the survival of the NHS
- Help us spread the word – INVITE your friends and SHARE the event page! See below for other ways you can help us mobilise for this important meeting
► COME AND HEAR SOME GREAT SPEAKERS INCLUDING:
- Professor Colin Leys
- John Lister
- Rachel Maskell (Unite Union)
- Pat Smith (Labour Party)
- Louise Irvine, SLH Campaign Chair
► OUR CAMPAIGN – WE KNOW WE CAN WIN!
Lewisham Hospital is still under threat of closure of its A+E and maternity. The magnificent passion and determination of Lewisham people in January with 25,000 marching to save our hospital and the roasting given to Mayor Boris Johnson shows Lewisham is a force to be reckoned with. We must build on our success and carry on fighting.
► OUR NHS – NOT FOR SALE!
The threat to Lewisham Hospital is part of a wide range of attacks by this government on our rights to good local NHS services. These attacks include:
- Privatisation – new laws going through parliament will enforce privatisation
- £20 billion NHS budget cuts leading to hospital closures and staff cuts
- Crippling Private Finance Initiative debts starving hospitals of much needed resources
► TRANSPORT TO VENUE:
Nearest stations: New Cross and New Cross Gate (Overground and Rail)
Buses: 21, 36, 53, 136, 171, 172, 177, 225, 321, 343, 436, 453
► HELP US TO MOBILISE!
- Contact Leslie email@example.com about leafleting and putting up posters in your local area
- Download the poster and put in your window, at work, local shops, pubs and cafes / Download the leaflet and share with friends and colleagues – get them to come to the meeting
LEAFLETS AND MORE INFO HERE► http://www.savelewishamhospital.com/public-meeting-save-lewisham-hospital-save-our-nhs/
T H A N K Y O U as ever for your ongoing support –
The Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign