Occupy London Solidarity Action This Saturday – International Day to Defend the Egyptian Revolution
Occupy London will be holding ‘A tour of shame’ as part of the International Day to defend the Egyptian Revolution  at 3pm 12th November, starting from its London Stock Exchange (Occuplsx) camp just by St Paul’s Cathedral.
Covering central London, the tour will visit three of the offices of the Arms Dealers who accompanied David Cameron to Cairo in February in order to strike an arms deal with the Egyptian Army. These arms companies are now profiting from the ongoing repression and murders happening in Egypt, and are also the ones providing the tools of repression against many solidarity and protest movements around the world.
Occupy London comments: “Mainstream media would have us believe that the Egyptian Revolution has happened and that the freedom of the Egyptian people is being respected. However the reality is quite different. Egyptian protesters have reported heavy repression and significant numbers of deaths against those criticising the military’s claim to power and disproportionate influence in the new proposed constitutions.”
Occupy London wants structural change towards authentic global equality and sees that wars and arms dealing have no part in a sustainable, equal and democratic global system. Occupy London:
- Urges the UK government to withhold all support to the Egyptian military and to cease participating in arms deals in the region until power has been handed over to a civilian government.
- Condemns the Egyptian military’s massacre at Maspero and all the military and police violence against peaceful protesters, and demands impartial investigations into all these cases.
- Demands an end to military trials in Egypt and all intimidation of activists.
- Demands the immediate release of all political prisoners and detainees, and for any trials to be before civilian courts with fair representation.
- Demands immediate lifting of state of emergency in place since 1981 and the guarantee of the right to protest and strike.
 International Day to Defend the Egyptian Revolution callout – http://en.nomiltrials.com/p/international-day-of-solidarity.html; Occupy London callout for International Day to Defend the Egyptian Revolution – http://occupylsx.org/?p=883