Get ready for #GlobalNoise!
On October 13th Occupy London will be throwing a street party to mark it’s one year anniversary. Come outside the London Stock Exchange from 2pm to 5pm, and bring music, food, games, colourful banners….and pots and pans!
We will be joining people all over the world in a #GlobalNoise, a global day of protest to mark that we are still here, one year on, united and more determined then ever.
There will be workshops, talks and a chance to meet activists from around the world and hear stories from citizens defending our local communities.
We will then move to a secret location for a two day occupation!
The 13th will mark the start of a global week of protest that will lead up to the march on the 20th of October. Follow us as we plan a series of actions to highlight how the 1% are destroying the welfare state, schools and universities, public space and the NHS.
Let’s join Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy in saying:
this is not our crisis! We will not pay!
We are not having it! Enough is enough!
Help us make sure that on October 13th, in every street, in every city and in every country, the world will hear the sound of change.
Let’s make a GlobalNOISE!
How to get involved:
- spread the word through facebook and twitter. Use #Globalnoise #13O
- create slogans, videos, posters, flyers and send them to us, we will put them on the website
- print out flyers and posters and put them in your local pub, shop, library, school,etc
- tell everyone you know!
Help us organise:
- get in contact with us if you would like to perform, talk, do a workshop.
- come to our meetings
- come to our banner making and skillshare workshop (https://www.facebook.com/events/418641484852364/)
On the day:
- If you have something in mind for the day, but have not had time to contact, just turn up…we would like it to be an open platform where people will feel free to take action on the day.
- bring food, music, art, games, pots and pans!
- bring your friends, colleagues, family, neighbours, ..