Eviction Protection WG Minutes – Saturday 14th January 2012
EVICTION PROTECTION – Logistics
Minutes – meeting Sat 14.1.12 4pm WG Dome
Present (with stated main WG):
Kay (Next Step WG) – facilitator
Max (Tranquillity WG) – minutes
Luke (Finance WG)
Beardy Anon (Finance WG)
Sam (Outreach WG)
Earthian (Shelter WG)
Hassan (International WG)
Cheryl (Info Tent WG)
Lilias (Info Tent WG)
Tea and Nancy (“new spaces”)
The meeting agreed on an agenda for the next meeting, plus comments, as follows:
Intro question: Should the camp do any eviction protection planning at all or just see the camp destroyed by police/bailiffs?
1. What physical items should be protected/moved/removed, should there be three categories (store/remove early, store/remove at last opportunity, leave for destruction) and what would be in each category.
2. Transport – how much will be needed. Luke confirmed access to a truck plus further details.
3. Where stuff taken to – current possibilities FSQ and BOI.
4. When – timing for each category, how many people needed.
5. Welfare – steps re vulnerable people on site ie homelessness/addictions/mental health. Also does the group have to consider steps re general campmembers.
Solar panels – there are 4 big ones, 1 medium one and 1 small ones.
Needs someone in this group from Kitchen.
The group shouldn’t forget the public reaction impact of any steps the camp recommends.
Integration with the other three Eviction Protection groups: Nonviolence, Online/PR, Future of OLSX.
Sun 15.1.12 4pm WG Dome.