Reclaim the Power 2014
Date(s) - 14/08/2014 - 20/08/2014
The Action Camp! Reclaim the Power 2014
Take on the frackers! The action camp will be at a fracking site and to keep the industry in suspense, the exact location and travel information will be revealed near the time. Hunt this event page for clues as they are revealed…
*Support the community fightback
*Get skilled up and take direct action
*Build the world you want to see
- This year the target is fracking – a form of ‘extreme energy’ that threatens our human rights to a safe climate, clean water and a healthy local environment.
- New fracking sites are being opened across the country every month. Up to 60% of England is under threat
- Reclaim the Power will support a community on the frontline fighting fracking and join the dots between climate, social and economic justice
- Alternatives exist here and now – we could create a million climate jobs, reduce energy demand and convert to community and publicly owned renewables
- We need to reclaim OUR power. The government wants to drill under our homes, keep us hooked on fossil fuels and keep our energy in private, profiteering hands.
- Meanwhile, climate change is getting worse, fuel poverty is killing people and economic and social crises are hitting us harder every day
- We can stop this. We can stop fracking and build a democratic and clean energy system that works for us. The UK has a long history of civil disobedience, from the suffragettes to the disability rights movements.
- We’ll share skills, meet friends, participate in workshops and take mass civil disobedience.
Get involved and get inspired – let’s take on the frackers and win!
We CAN stop fracking in the UK!