Public Meeting | Save Lewisham Hospital, save our NHS Public
Date(s) - 25/04/2013
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Please attend the Public Meeting | Save Lewisham Hospital, save our NHS!
WHEN: Thursday 25th April 7pm
WHERE: Great Hall, Goldsmiths University, New Cross, London SE14 6NW [transport details below]
► THE FIGHT TO SAVE LEWISHAM HOSPITAL WILL BE WON
– Come and find out what you can do
– This is a fight for our hospital and the survival of the NHS
– Help us spread the word – INVITE your friends and SHARE the event page! See below for other ways you can help us mobilise for this important meeting
► COME AND HEAR SOME GREAT SPEAKERS INCLUDING:
– Professor Colin Leys
– John Lister
– Rachel Maskell (Unite Union)
– Pat Smith (Labour Party)
– Louise Irvine, SLH Campaign Chair
► OUR CAMPAIGN – WE KNOW WE CAN WIN!
Lewisham Hospital is still under threat of closure of its A+E and maternity. The magnificent passion and determination of Lewisham people in January with 25,000 marching to save our hospital and the roasting given to Mayor Boris Johnson shows Lewisham is a force to be reckoned with. We must build on our success and carry on fighting.
► OUR NHS – NOT FOR SALE!
The threat to Lewisham Hospital is part of a wide range of attacks by this government on our rights to good local NHS services. These attacks include:
– Privatisation – new laws going through parliament will enforce privatisation
– £20 billion NHS budget cuts leading to hospital closures and staff cuts
– Crippling Private Finance Initiative debts starving hospitals of much needed resources
► TRANSPORT TO VENUE:
Nearest stations: New Cross and New Cross Gate (Overground and Rail)
Buses: 21, 36, 53, 136, 171, 172, 177, 225, 321, 343, 436, 453
► HELP US TO MOBILISE!
– Contact Leslie firstname.lastname@example.org about leafleting and putting up posters in your local area
– Download the poster and put in your window, at work, local shops, pubs and cafes / Download the leaflet and share with friends and colleagues – get them to come to the meeting
LEAFLETS AND MORE INFO HERE► http://www.savelewishamhospital.com/public-meeting-save-lewisham-hospital-save-our-nhs/
T H A N K Y O U as ever for your ongoing support —
The Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign
For the live video stream channel: