Launch of the Alternative Trade Mandate campaign
Date(s) - 26/11/2013 - 27/11/2013
Over the past years, the Alternative Trade Mandate Alliance, an alliance of currently almost 50 organisations from across Europe, has been discussing an alternative vision for European trade policy – one that puts people and the planet before big business.
Our belief is that Europe’s trade has to be fundamentally changed. Our alternative respects human rights, and is democratically controlled by parliamentarians and the public. It’s ecological, respects gender equality and creates justice between countries, social classes and ethnicities. We propose a trade policy that increases economic, social and environmental well-being globally.
On 26 and 27 November, shortly before the next ministerial of the World Trade Organisation in Bali, we want to present this alternative to the world.
We are planning:
* an inspiring assembly with activists from Europe and the global South, to present and discuss our alternative and our campaign towards the European elections in 2014
* am energising and powerful protest action to bring our message to the media, the wider public and decision-makers
* a jolly evening concert with food, drinks and dancing to the tunes of our vision
- register (with the attached form, to be sent to email@example.com)
- share the invitation with your partners and colleagues who may be willing to join
And don’t hesitate to contact me if you need further information on the event and its practical aspects !
(See logistical information – maps, potential accomodation… – attached)
Ecologistas en Acción
c/ Marques de Leganés 12 – 28004 Madrid
Teléfono fijo: +34 91 531 27 39
Teléfono móvil: +34 619 94 90 53
Fax: +34 91 531 26 11
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org