IOPS London November Meeting
Date(s) - 25/11/2012
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Royal Festival Hall
Following on from great events with Robin Hahnel and Michael Albert, IOPS London will be hosting the next members meeting at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday 25th November from 1pm to 3.30pm. We hope you will join us!
It is possible that this will be the last formal meeting of IOPS London members in 2012!
Royal Festival Hall (Green Side, Level 4)
Facilitator: Chris Chrysostomou
1) Introduction (15 minutes)
– Summary of Firebox cafe Sunday 28th IOPS Welcome Event (Preeti Kaur)
– Outline of final agenda (Chris Chrysostomou)
– Guidelines for meeting (Chris Chrysostomou)
2) What IOPS London might do (1hr)
Please bring suggestions for activities that could we start to pursue under the agenda items and what role we each would like to play in these activities, in collaboration with others!
o Social events (10 minutes)
o Working with other groups and movements (10 minutes)
o Solidarity events (10 minutes)
o Further discussions about what IOPS is, values it’s based on, ideas that underpin it. A possible framework that was considered was the development of a programme that would cover in more detail the components that IOPS is based on, and how it is historically rooted and situated.(10 minutes)
o Skills sharing – competencies to be more effective agents of social change in IOPS and other social movements we’re a part of (10 minutes)
o Recruitment – e.g. building informational cards, leaflets about IOPS (10 minutes)
3) Developing IOPS London Membership Guidelines and Regular Orientation Events (15 minutes)
4) Establishing time and place of regular meetings and next IOPS London meeting
5) Open discussion of possible next agenda items for next meeting (30 minutes)
Prior to the next meeting, agenda items will be further developed on the IOPS website.