2012/11/17 Minutes Economics Working Group

2012/11/17 Minutes Economics Working Group

You are currently viewing a revision titled "2012/11/17 Minutes Economics Working Group", saved on April 20, 2013 at 2:08 pm by Vica
Title
2012/11/17 Minutes Economics Working Group
Content
1. Accuracy of the 10th and 14th December minutes – approved 2. a) GIRO bank public meeting planned for the new year; venue and keynote speaker required; setting the agenda; Margrit Kennedy, Eddie George, Sparkasse person; St Pauls? Clive to try Eddie George; Friends Meeting House – contention over the Putney debates whether we're being charged or not; Radio4 money matters: Co-op bank deal with LloydsTSB sounds as though it may be in trouble. b) Roadmap – DD will meet up with Mary and Tim to try to get it up on a website (the map) – pooling of ideas. c) Little Book of Ideas – no plans yet d) website: do our own website? Linked to Occupy London; preferable to have under our control; need to be professionally built; working group to develop an EWG website; Lancaster has website designers in the economics working group; copy someone else's site with permission; other platforms than wordpress such as ning; Gillian Wise – Parisienne artist; cms systems: elgg, drupal, joomla – front end templates – content; linking with other EWGs in the regions desirable; sub-group meeting to discuss website 4pm Friday. e) social housing policy – Chris's paper - Steve will talk on housing in the light of it; f) LA FoI requests g) commoning – Occupy, IOPS and anti-capitalist meeting planned; h) Stats - making progress; 3. Shout out: focus session with Rob Blakemore and others on LVT at Monday 14th and 21st January meetings – the following two Friday meetings will be business meetings; preceded by Fred Harrison presentation on 4th January 2013; Radio4 program on South Sea Bubble – Melvyn Bragg; Lewisham Hospital protest involving Occupy? 10th and 24th January meetings (john_g@mypostoffice.co.uk 0782 488 2232) 4. Next business meeting 7th January; paper on work (John/Steve?); 5. Need a review of strategy going forward possibly at Friern Barnet Library (in court today); keeping the library following the court case is a possibility; need a broad discussion over a couple of afternoons; strategy, tactics, theory and vision; need common principles; EWG needs a vision; cherry picking themes is all well and good but could do with a week twice a year to work on strategy - rolling program over a week like the Putney debates; two days would be sufficient over consecutive weekends; Sunday 11-5pm in the evening – evaluation of what's been achieved and vision for the future; discussed proposal to do something towards the end of February. Date Meeting Friday 21st December 2012 Steve – on housing Friday 4th January 2013 Fred Harrison – talking about privatisation of land rents and the consequences Monday 7th January 2013 EWG business meeting Friday 11th January 2013 Themed discussion - TBA Monday 14th January 2013 LVT with Rob Blakemore and others Friday 18th January 2013 EWG business meeting Monday 21st January 2013 LVT with Rob Blakemore and others Friday 25th January 2013 EWG business meeting Monday 28th January 2013 EWG business meeting
Excerpt


Old New Date Created Author Actions
April 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm Vica
© 2012 Occupy London
Powered By DynamiX