Statement of Solidarity
This statement was agreed by consensus at the Occupy London General Assembly, on the steps of St. Paul’s, on the 31st May 2013
- Occupy London stands in solidarity with those who refuse to accept the current unsustainable, unjust and undemocratic system.
- We want structural change towards authentic global equality.
- The world’s resources must go towards sustainable care-taking of people and planet, not towards corporate profits, the military, or the rich.
- We reject finance-funded politicians who mouth reform but instead derail democracy and enact policies and legislation which further increase inequality.
- We welcome all action which, in good faith, seeks redress of injustice through non-violence.